This life we have been talking about is not an exercise in self-accomplishment and painstaking activity. You cannot make yourself into a “better Christian”. Outside changes are a result of inward changes. Transformation finds its genesis, or its beginning, in the power and generous outpouring of God’s love through His indwelling presence.
Scripture:
• Romans 8:9-14
Reflection:
• Is it hard to let go of your own agenda for your life and allow God to guide you? Do you have a hard time sensing God’s indwelling presence in your life?
Practice:
• Find a time to be quiet with God. Go for a walk or just find a quiet place to sit. Say to God, “Here I am. I want to be with you.” Or, say Psalm 41:10, “Be still and know that I am God.” Welcome God with open arms. Be in the moment. Do not try and control God or have an agenda other than to just be with Him. There is nothing to achieve other than a deeper awareness of God’s presence in your life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment