Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Week 5 - Kingdom - Day 22 - Tuesday

When we enter into the kingdom of God, we enter into a new life, a new culture. We are no longer citizens of this world but are citizens of a kingdom with different values. Our character and life should begin to match up with that of God’s kingdom culture. The wonderful thing is he sent us the perfect guide, the best teacher to enculturate us in to His kingdom, Jesus.
Scripture:
• Read and meditate on Colossians 1:14-17; 2:1-3, 9-10.
Reflection:
• Do you consider Jesus as a sufficient guide and teacher in becoming a “kingdom” person?
Practice:
• Spend some time reflecting/journaling on the Scripture in Colossians. Asking:
In what ways do I have confidence in Jesus to guide and teach me?
In what ways do I not have confidence in Jesus as guide and teacher?
How can I be a better student of Jesus?
Colossians 1:14-17; 2:1-3, 9-10
He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
I want you to know how much I am struggling for you and for those at Laodicea, and for all who have not met me personally. My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.

No comments: